We currently have a monthly members-only meeting. We will publish meeting summaries here.
Member meeting - June 19, 2020
- Discussed tax implications of accepting sponsorships and dues from the Zinc Community Collective.
- Discussed seeking non-profit status or sprouting a sibling non-profit organization.
- Discussed conversion rates of non-members to members and systemic roadblocks; such as tax implications, uncertainty, cognitive overhead.
- Decided to allocate $100 for a Patronage Redemption, for work performed in Q2 2020 with details TBD.
- Discussed purpose of the Zinc Community Collective
- Discussed considerations when deciding to "go live" with a product or service that directs revenues into Zinc's bank accounts. Particularly regarding how not to overly constrain member flexibility to pursue initiatives while not creating risk for other members.
Member meeting - May 15, 2020
- Amended our Operating Agreement to consider any single transaction of $100 or more a Major Decision and require Quorum
- Decided to pursue Convene aggressively and continue client discovery and development activities in parallel with more deeply learning WebRTC and infrastructure management.
- Decided to prioritize leveraging off-the-shelf technology when possible for Convene, with the intent to backport functionality into We Got Your Back or Compensated.
- Decided to experiment with personal and organization goal setting to make it easier to find opportunities to collaborate and co-conspire in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Appointed Zee as "front-line" for production errors, with Cheryl and Tom backing him up by making structural improvements.
- Decided to map out how our products and services feed into one another.
Member meeting - April 17, 2020
- Reviewed Zinc's Q1 2020 finances in preperation to publish them.
- Reviewed incoming leads for project or client work. Decided to pursue three client partnerships.
- Reviewed existing projects. Decided to clearly express our needs from an existing client to decide whether the relationship has long-term viability. Decided to ramp up efforts on modernizing Moment Park.
- Discussed amending operating agreement to reduce unilateral spending decisions. General agreement with a formal proposal to be voted on via email.
- Discussed continuing the "no one merges their own patches" experiment. Chose to revise to "maintainers may merge their own patches with a previous review approval so long as additional changes were to address previous approvals feedback."
- Discussed pace of incoming contributors. Agree that we want to "keep our door open" but that we don't want to spend time and energy chasing potential contributors.
- Discussed and agreed to explore migrating off of ConvertKit and Calendly in favor of Support to dog-food a sustainable, customer-and-worker owned alternative to existing customer development software.
- Agreed to provide managed IT for Google Apps, Calendly, Zoom, etc. for members and member organizations with a small markup.
Member meeting - March, 2020
- Reviewed Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.
- Reviewed pending members.
- Discussed MomentPark's website, and agreed to move to a static site with public source code instead of SquareSpace to save us $250/year.
- Agreed to move Compensated's landing page to the Zinc website
- Decided to prioritize documentation of Compensated over additional features
- Discussed and agreed to continue conversations with two potential clients.
- Discussed and decided to request an extension of revenue share with an existing client in order to mitigate drain on enthusiasm for participation in client project.
- Discussed what we would prefer our default contract terms to be when evaluating client/coop fit.
Member meeting - February 21, 2020
- Discussed making sure organizational learnings are spread and recorded.
- We decided to try to record significant decisions and their reasonings in our private work chatroom.
- We decided to try to create and check project progress notes in our chatrooms.
- We decided to have a retrospective for our work on Notabli.
- Discussed how to compensate potential members for their contributions.
- Agreed that at least currently, we are not in a position to compensate well with cash.
- If the potential members do end up joining the collective, we could count their work in lieu of some or all of the required capital contribution to join.
- We will discuss how to compensate on an individual level for now.
- Discussed status of members in the pipeline and how to onboard members generally.
- Decided to try to better spread member sponsorship out among existing members.
- Decided to create a diagram of the member onboarding process.
For members and pending members, full meeting minutes are available.