We currently have a monthly members-only meeting. We will publish meeting summaries here.
Member meeting - May 15, 2020
- Amended our Operating Agreement to consider any single transaction of $100 or more a Major Decision and require Quorum
- Decided to pursue Convene aggressively and continue client discovery and development activities in parallel with more deeply learning WebRTC and infrastructure management.
- Decided to prioritize leveraging off-the-shelf technology when possible for Convene, with the intent to backport functionality into We Got Your Back or Compensated.
- Decided to experiment with personal and organization goal setting to make it easier to find opportunities to collaborate and co-conspire in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Appointed Zee as "front-line" for production errors, with Cheryl and Tom backing him up by making structural improvements.
- Decided to map out how our products and services feed into one another.
Member meeting - April 17, 2020
- Reviewed Zinc's Q1 2020 finances in preperation to publish them.
- Reviewed incoming leads for project or client work. Decided to pursue three client partnerships.
- Reviewed existing projects. Decided to clearly express our needs from an existing client to decide whether the relationship has long-term viability. Decided to ramp up efforts on modernizing Moment Park.
- Discussed amending operating agreement to reduce unilateral spending decisions. General agreement with a formal proposal to be voted on via email.
- Discussed continuing the "no one merges their own patches" experiment. Chose to revise to "maintainers may merge their own patches with a previous review approval so long as additional changes were to address previous approvals feedback."
- Discussed pace of incoming contributors. Agree that we want to "keep our door open" but that we don't want to spend time and energy chasing potential contributors.
- Discussed and agreed to explore migrating off of ConvertKit and Calendly in favor of Support to dog-food a sustainable, customer-and-worker owned alternative to existing customer development software.
- Agreed to provide managed IT for Google Apps, Calendly, Zoom, etc. for members and member organizations with a small markup.
Member meeting - March, 2020
- Reviewed Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.
- Reviewed pending members.
- Discussed MomentPark's website, and agreed to move to a static site with public source code instead of SquareSpace to save us $250/year.
- Agreed to move Compensated's landing page to the Zinc website
- Decided to prioritize documentation of Compensated over additional features
- Discussed and agreed to continue conversations with two potential clients.
- Discussed and decided to request an extension of revenue share with an existing client in order to mitigate drain on enthusiasm for participation in client project.
- Discussed what we would prefer our default contract terms to be when evaluating client/coop fit.
Member meeting - February 21, 2020
- Discussed making sure organizational learnings are spread and recorded.
- We decided to try to record significant decisions and their reasonings in our private work chatroom.
- We decided to try to create and check project progress notes in our chatrooms.
- We decided to have a retrospective for our work on Notabli.
- Discussed how to compensate potential members for their contributions.
- Agreed that at least currently, we are not in a position to compensate well with cash.
- If the potential members do end up joining the collective, we could count their work in lieu of some or all of the required capital contribution to join.
- We will discuss how to compensate on an individual level for now.
- Discussed status of members in the pipeline and how to onboard members generally.
- Decided to try to better spread member sponsorship out among existing members.
- Decided to create a diagram of the member onboarding process.
For members and pending members, full meeting minutes are available.